01 November 2007

Montain 1 and 2 - Feng Shui - Inspired artwork available at my Imagekind gallery

Feng shui-inspired artwork is now available in my WindWater gallery at Imagekind.com -- http://www.imagekind.com/GalleryProfile.aspx?GID=0f28b4f3-23c7-4ec2-9a23-f22044e5b17e&P=1



These pieces were created to anchor the energy of Mountain -- one Yang/Heaven above and two Yins/Earth beneath. Created with oil pastels, this piece uses color to convey the strength of mountain and the expansiveness of sky. The two Earths below are signified by the dual mountain ranges, each of them "broken" as the two lower lines of the Mountain trigram.



Working with Mountain, I'm finding that having the images prominently displayed in the Mountain/self-knowledge/wisdom sector (gua / kua)in my workspace really helps anchor me and center me... enough of the scattering already.

Somehow, it just works. As I'm sure thousands upon thousands of Chinese folks have discovered over the past couple thousand years.